Pot Brownies Need Insurance, Too

Legal-pot sellers, like all smart business owners, will need insurance when they open their doors. If someone slips and falls in a cannabis store, gets sick from ganja food, or steals all the weed, the cost to a pot business could be colossal. Not only that, anyone hoping to lease commercial property will almost certainly be required to provide proof of general liability insurance. And if those aren't compelling enough reasons, draft rules issued by the Washington State Liquor Control Board last month require every licensee to carry such coverage.